Aug 12, 2011

Do You See What I See?...

Here is Some Homework for my 2011 Portland Plein Air Workshop Participants. 

For more info about the class, check out the right-hand column. The workshop begins next week. Of course, if you aren't taking this class you can still watch the video too!


*  *  *  Attention 2011 Workshop Participants!  *  *  *


Make yourself a nice cuppa' and take a seat. Then click play. 

Your next 14 minutes should be a treat. I predict this BBC Horizon video will immediately engage you, and we will talk about what it has to say about color and language the morning of our first day. When I introduce how we will be discussing color amongst ourselves.




And yes, my PDX plein air students, there will be a test!

Albeit a very easy pass/fail one. All you have to do to get an A+ is to remember one of the things about color discussed in this clip, and prepare yourself to talk about it this Monday. At lunch.

So, see you all Monday morning. Bright and early, eh?

Enjoy!

Thomas



2 reader comments:

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Great video on a vital topic for artists. All the best at your workshop!!

Thomas Jefferson Kitts said...

Thanks Katherine. I thought you might and others enjoy it.

I remember experiencing an 'aha!' moment myself back in art school when an instructor gave me the language I needed to differentiate color properties. Until then I truly thought I was severely color blind because I wasn't understanding what my classmates were talking about. Just didn't get it. But with the right words, I did. That changed my life.

But then, you already know this because we had some solid one-on-one instruction time together, eh?

regards,

T