Jul 29, 2012

Last Call for my 2012 Plein Air Workshop. Plus a Bonus Bob Ross Video Clip!...

Hey all, this is your last call to sign up for my 2012 Portland Area Workshop: "Learn to Paint the Light en Plein Air".

There are only 2 spots left.

The next painting class I will offer in the PDX area will be held indoors during the cold, damp gray days of winter – my Essential Alla Prima Class, when we will work with the still life and a model and paint wet-into-wet. So if you've been wanting to learn how to paint en plein air this summer, old-school style –  well, this is your last chance!

For more information click here, or check out the sidebar on the right.

__________

Now this I could not resist: I was stumbling around 'teh internets' and found the Late Great Bob Ross has been auto-tuned! These days I may not be a big fan of the Fro'ed Maestro's grand oeuvre, but like so many of you out there, I grew up in awe as I watch Bob paint epic mountains and happy little clouds and trees on TV. And finish up within half an hour. On "The Joy of Painting". (Hey, maybe this made him the first QuickDraw painter ever!)

No matter how you or I might feel about Bob's art – like it or love it – you have to admit he was a happy man when standing in front of an easel. 

And this auto-tuned clip proves it.

Because, 'I believe . . .'



TJK

-----

The Bob Ross name and Joy of Painting are trademarks of BobRoss Inc. All rights expressly reserved.



3 reader comments:

G. Lindwood said...

"I believe" that little video put a "happy little" smile on my face :) Thanks for including it on your blog.

Thomas Jefferson Kitts said...

Gretha, you are welcome. While I may not be a fan of BR's in-studio fantasies, I do admire his attitude towards painting.

T

Suzanne said...

Thanks for sharing "I believe". It sure gives us the smile being turned into music.
Congratulations on the Invitational Paint Out at PAM. What lovely paintings you had in your display today!